Very often people who want to lose weight have tried following various diets through which they achieved acceptable results, then very often gained back the lost pounds after a certain period of time. And in many cases, they may even gain more weight than they lost.
Weight Coaching is not about weighing what we eat, counting calories, renouncing, and rationally controlling our diets by certain self-imposed rules or limitations. The result of such an attitude is only frustration and our bodies will not respond positively to the feeling of never giving up or control that contrasts with our natural interior.
A metabolism can be slow for a number of reasons: mentally and emotionally– that is an energy level can be the result of suffering and lack of affection for different reasons, which can then lead to a loss on energy. Sometimes , problems perpetuated in childhood, from relationships within our own families, are then manifested through our metabolism. It’s important to let go of the past, so as not to replicate a physical problem that was previously rejected at a rational level.
This emotional void and pain inevitably lead to a loss of energy, which is translated into a metabolic slowdown with possible thyroid (hypo-thyroid) problems and then with a resulting loss of energy. The consequences of which may be the lack of physical movement by the subject (such as fatigue) and in many cases, the search for more food, thereby meeting emotional voids. This behavior further slows the metabolism and catabolism. All this, plus the fact that following a low calorie diet, stops the pattern for a while. Attempts to follow other low-calorie diets and attempts to lose weight again without being able to follow a diet for long periods of time, can very often lead to serious damage and catabolic metabolic problems, especially for what concerns the assimilation of energy and sugar, made from carbohydrates that are NEVER deleted. For this reason “do-it-yourself” diets or those read in books and magazines, can be very dangerous for the individual.
The solution for the overweight person is not a short-term diet. The solution is:
- Reaccustom the body to receiving “all” of the nutrients and vitamins needed for well-being, in moderate doses;
- Learning to eat with pleasure for the body and taste and continue to listen to the real needs of your body, eating very slowly and be aware of the inside of your body.
- Reactivate your metabolism to burn, absorb and eliminate the balance through frequent mini-meals, in small quantities, and with physical movement.
- Learning to love yourself and find satisfaction in life. Working on one’s self-esteem is of fundamental importance for the overweight person.
- Start gradually, doing enjoyable, physical activity. Move your body. Learn to feel the energy flowing through your body. Love your body (this is important!). Learn to communicate with your body.
- Work on unconscious beliefs or convictions in relation to your body and metabolism, and the possibility of being able to lose weight. Understand what the point of excess weight is, in terms of energy. Understanding the message of the soul to understand what the person needs to work on at a mental level.
- Making peace with food, without forgetting that it can be a problem, a source of discomfort, rather than being a pleasure. Avoid “blaming the food” to overcome conflict. To eradicate the problem, in addition to the care of a nutritionist or of an endocrinologist, it is essential to do a profound work on awareness, on self-image and affectivity. Life coaching is a mental support for introspection and motivation to change the mindset.
Example of aid from Life & Health Coaching
We set goals and then we focus on the results to be achieved once the goal is reached, along with a time table. It is best to also be treated by a nutritionist. Personal coaching offers support in the mental and motivational areas.
What are the motivations that drive us to want to lose weight. For example, liking yourself more when you look in the mirror, feeling comfortable with your partner, or with friends, acquaintances or colleagues, and in various situations, looking better in work clothes, better self-esteem , improved agility of your body, less fatigue, being healthier.
So you develop an effective, enjoyable and doable regimen regarding the conscious control of your diet, including a proper exercise program that is agreeable to you. We offer support tools through relaxation and visualization, designed to help the person to perceive and “see” himself with a new, more satisfying image. Life Coach Support also serves to highlight your talents and potential through personal tastes and attitudes for a better quality of life and self-esteem.
The Life Coach does not say what or how much to eat because the solutions come from listening to your body, the coach gives you a hand in returning to your nature, it helps you to learn “how to” eat, to resume a dialogue with your body, which improves through food, gestures, thoughts and movement. The Life Coach will not prescribe any diet, as that is the nutritionist’s job. The coach’s task is to motivate the person to have positive behavior, taking those actions that help find an optimal and harmonious relationship with your body. You work on a rehabilitation of food consciousness, to listen to your body’s nature, like the animals and small children. Health Coaching is a pleasant and peaceful re-education aimed at reactivating the metabolism in a gradual, pleasant and healthy manner.
We work on self-esteem, love for ourselves. If you feel that it is particularly difficult to decrease your weight, I suggest you talk to your doctor and/or endocrinologist. He may recommend a check-up of your thyroid and your metabolism and eventually recommend the appropriate treatment.